December 28, 2010

Look of the day 12/23

 I decided to do a play by play of how I do the looks rather than just a picture of the final look which I know looks much different than what it sounds like I'm doing. 
 So, after much procrastination here is the first of the walk thru pics. 
Since it was close to Christmas I decided to go with green.

First off, I apply concealer to the area under my eyes and my entire eyelids and set with a loose translucent powder.  It acts as a primer for my shadows and a..concealer!!
1) I use a white eyeliner pencil, this time I used a Rimmel London in 071 pure white, it glides on nicely and doesn't completely disappear when I blend it out, on the lower lid. This helps to make the colors of the eyeshadows pop out.
The shadows I used this time were from a small palette my mom got me from a swap meet. I'm a huge MAC girl but I have no problem using "cheap" shadows as long as the colors are noticeable and don't crease. 
I used the green from column 2 row 4, the light green from column 2 row, and the charcoal color from the last column row 3.


2) Using a large shader brush, MAC 252  I pack on the light green onto the lower lid and pull it up into the crease just a little bit.
3) With a medium size blending brush, my favorite is the MAC 217, I swirl in onto the crease and pull it up into a sort of arc shape going back and forth on the upper lid. 
4) I then get a crease brush(the middle brush, I got it at a beauty supply store & don't know the brand) I dip it into the charcoal color and apply it just in the crease to add some definition. It basically just goes where the two greens meet at the crease. I pull it up a bit onto the upper lid &... 
5) I go back to the blending brush and go over the dark green and charcoal just to blend them together and soften where the two meet. And then using a q-tip I roll it on the outside starting at the edge of my eye up towards the end of my eyebrow to clean it up & make a straight line. 
6) I grab my Carbon by MAC and using my MAC 266 small angled brush I make a thin line across my lid as close to the lashes as possible. This is especially helpful for people who have trouble applying liquid liner.
  I do this simply because I do not like liquid or gel liner on the inner part of my eyelid since my eyes tend to water a lot and it just smudges. 


7) I grab my gel eyeliner and the bent brush (sonia kashuk), dip it into the gel and starting from the last half of my eye I apply it and wing it out. I LOVE winged eyes and I do not ever go out with out mine like that. 
8) Apply mascara and that's it :)
 I usually apply falsies if I am going to go out but since I was just at home that day I didn't put any on.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers